It's the 8th day of this new year.
How we endured the trials that came, conquering the exiting of 2007 into a new phase of our lives,
How we came into this new year with miraculous reconciliations, few hours before ushering in 2008.
How we entered 2008 with fresh hopes, promises, conviction and visions.
With God.
As the minutes ticked away with each CenterMetre move of the MinuteHand, i told God
This year there are 4 areas of my life that I want to change; that i want to see a change; that i want to surrender into Your hands.
I'm not going to post it here because I guess they hold a degree of privacy in my life.
One thing I can say, is that I've made a decision in the last month of 2007, to become a TRUE Disciple of Christ in 2008. Bearing the cross, and knowing God's heart not just in the area of evangelism, but also in the area of family, relationships, school, attitudes and the list goes on.
It's remarkable how different seasons/ phases, and years, can bring so vastly varied goals.
I've yet to sit down and search to the deepest of my heart, the timeframe im setting for my goals and my alternative plans if any of them fails. But I've gotten the revelations from God that i need, to work toward my goals. Those revelations, i hold closest to my heart. For when times of testing pay their du-ed visits, the Word from God would be like the double-edged sword that cuts through every obstacle, and keeps me going.
I'm thankful that i experience His presence every day, and it keeps me going when im tired. I cant begin to express the comfort, peace, and love each time i hum a tune from the depths of my spirit to God, or each time i pray. I cant begin to express how spending time with God never fails to recalibrate my conscience/ the tenderness of the heart, especially since the world wears it away day by day.
On the 1st of January2008, I had a revelation from God. About 8 hours before school started, i was still trying to complete a Biology assignment.Every quarter an hour, I would turn back, to look at the tiny clock shelfed on a cabinet behind me, to get a sense of how quick time was passing. Each time i turned back, i would feel kind of 'irritated' by the 'fact' that i didnt have a clock right infront of me, because by the time i turned my head back when the clock struck the 2nd hour, my neck started to feel the strain. And each time i turned back, i would waste about a minute just watching the Second Hand tick. Just as i turned my head back to continue with Bio, what caught my eye was a clock 'hidden' behind a transparent bottle, that was RIGHT INFRONT OF ME. Immediately, I paused whatever i was doing because i know that God wants to speak to me through this very simple incident. I stopped, and thought, and plugged in. There and then, my soul awoke. It felt like Someone knocked me on my head with such a crucial revelation!WHEN U KEEP TURNING BACK AND LOOK AT THE PAST, YOU'LL NEVER SEE WHAT IS AHEAD OF YOU. THE GREAT FUTURE, THE PLANS IN STORED, THE AWESOME ADVENTURES, THE PROMISES THAT GOD IS WAITING FOR U TO CAPTURE. AND EVEN AS YOU DWELL IN THE PAST, TIME IS TICKING AWAY IN THE PRESENT(JUST LIKE HOW THE CLOCK RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME WAS TICKING AWAY, EVEN AS I CHOSE TO LOOK AT THE CLOCK BEHIND ME ) THE TIME THAT WE NEED TO FULFILL OUR GOALS. THE TIME THAT WE NEED TO REACH OUR DESTINY.PHIL 3:13-1413 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.I'm amazed with how God works in so many different ways.
Ever since the revelation Ive gotten on the first day of this year, i was tempted many times to look back at the past, and count the rotten eggs in my basket. But! His Words spoke louder than the voice of this world.
Therefore, i allowed the past mindsets go. The mindset of impossibilities. The mindset of failing. The mindset that encompasses many fears.
I'm glad to say that 1 of my goals that i've written down is in the process of being fulfilled by the end of the year. The reason? A change in mindset.
Prov 4:23Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.And you guard your heart, by guarding your mind.
2 Cor 10:5casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,On to the 9th day of January in 2.5 hours. Greater things are ahead.Be blessed!
(8:26:00 PM)