There must be a reason (and i see it now) why MOE includes Social Studies in the educational syllabus. Globalisation, and well, Westernisation has indeed eroded much of the Chinese culture that the government's trying to salvage.
Exchanging oranges
competing to recite the longest CNY greetings
playing card games
talking and catching up over deep fried nian gao
lo-ing hei (yu sheng)
no more.
I'm so gonna go on a mission to china-fy every Mac's , Starbucks, HMV outlet, lanning shop, and whatever that's
for the time being not chinese . heee. heee. heee. Dear oh dear.. I think, we need a Chinafication(ha. new term) movement before Bak Kwa starts to evolve into something that resembles Western pork chop. Or.. before China Town starts to blast booomy techno music during CNY. Yaaaaaiikes
How I miss CNY in the past
To be honest, the food cant make up for the lost of atmosphere. Eating foie gras at the road side?
Sometimes it gets tiring
Sometimes we dont understand the things which are happening in our lives
Sometimes we're plonked in situations we never thought we would be in
Sometimes it just seems like we're inching our way through
but I thank God for the Word which is the solid rock of promises I stand on.
Heb 12:2looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher(perfector) of our faith, who
for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Look ahead of our circumstances, and see the destiny ahead. Pressing ahead, strong in Christ. By His grace, He has placed upon us the anointing we need, as we serve in different areas. Somehow, I think God told me that day that my breakthrough is here. :)
There's only 1 reason that keeps me from visiting the airport, but that was the very reason why I was there yesterday..
(7:30:00 PM)