What dyou do when you're lost in a dark tunnel, but later on see a stream of light that might lead you to an exit? Dyou walk towards it, or dyou stay where you are? Or maybe, even take another path that leads no where?
An incident / conversation in school today reminded me of this story..
With his arms flailing in the air, a man struggled to keep his head above the raging seas after his boat capsized.
He shouted, "God! HELP me!"
Soon, a helicopter came to his rescue and he replied , "No, I'm waiting for God to save me!"
He continued to fight for his life
Following that, a ship came and again he said, "No, I'm waiting for God to save me!"
He continued to fight for his life, but, as you know what happened-- he died.
So when he went up to heaven and met the Heavenly Father, he asked Him, " Lord, why is it that when i cried out for help in the midst of the raging waters, you forsook me? "
Then the Father replied, " I sent the helicopter and you rejected the help. So i thought I'll send a ship, but you refused to get on it again.."
Dearest x, you're the greatest help yourself. You know what's the problem, and you know what's the solution, you've just got to
make that decision. No one can
help you to make that decision. Not me, not her, not God.
(4:44:00 PM)